Congrats! You're here and it sounds like you're thinking about running a marathon. If you're looking for a no-BS guide on how to structure your days in terms of distance, this is the guide for you. (Metric + Imperial). 🏃
This framework is for people with little running experience and the schedule in this program isn't set in stone, but should be used as a North Star to build your foundation to get you ready for the big day.
This guide consists of running 5 days per week with 2 rest days sprinkled in throughout the week. If 5 days a week is too much, that's okay! The goal is to give you a strong foundation so that come race day, you are more than prepared. The most important thing is to listen to your body.
All you need to get started is:
- A good pair of running shoes
- A watch to track your distance. I'd recommend a Garmin Forerunner 45. It's a great entry-level watch for <$150
- A desire to cross the finish line
- A foam roller (not necessary but helpful for pre/post stretching)
- Huma Gels are my favorite for an added boost of energy.
Build a running habit even after the race and you might change your life....
- You'll get a better night's sleep meaning your days will be more productive
- You'll have more energy throughout the day. Energy Begets Energy
- You'll think clearer and become a better decision maker
- You'll live longer. You'll sweat out toxins regularly, promote cardiovascular health, and strengthen your bones, bones, and ligaments.
- You'll be happier. The runner high is real :)
You'll get.....a running framework to help you go from 0 to Marathon ready in 4 months.